You are using a free copy of Windows 10 and don’t know how to check if it’s genuine or not? This tutorial will guide you 3 steps to make sure your Windows 10 will not be suspended in the future.
|Make sure your Windows 10 is Genuine
Step 1: Check Windows activation in the System Control Panel
Right-click Start button -> System
|Check your Windows edition and Windows activation|
Make sure in Windows activation, Windows is activated and the Product ID is 20 digits number
Step 2: Check the Windows 10 Activation in Settings
1. Press Windows + I to open the Settings
Or you can type Settings in the Cortana then press Enter
2. Select Update & Security.
3. On the left side, click Activation
Check that Windows 10 is activated. You can also change your product license key here
Step 3: Using command line to see if your Windows 10 is permanently activated or not.
You can use these commands to make sure your Windows 10 will never be disabled
1. Type cmd in the Cortana search box, press Enter
or press Windows + R, type cmd, Enter
2. Type slmgr /xpr –> Enter
Check if the Windows Script Host says: The machine is permanently activated
You can also use this commands to:
1. Install a new Windows 10 license key with the option /ipk: slmgr /ipk <Product key>
2. Activate Windows 10: slmgr /ato <Activation ID>
3. Display license information: slmgr /dli
4. Display detailed license information: slmgr /dlv
5. See expiration date for current license state: slmgr /xpr