After upgrade to Windows 10 Build 10130, you may see this error:
• Hewlett-Packard – Imaging, Other hardware – Null Fax – HP Photosmart 7520 series – Error 0x80070490
• Hewlett-Packard – Imaging, Other hardware – Null Print – HP Photosmart 7520 series – Error 0x80070490
|How to fix Error 0x80070490 on Windows 10
To help you fix this problem, we provide you these two methods. Please follow it step by step until the issue is resolved.
I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:
- Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc”
- Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
- If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
Method 3: Place the computer in Clean Boot and then install the updates
To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a “clean boot.” A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
Refer the article below to perform clean boot:
Note: Please refer to the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.
Method 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:
- Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- Select View all on the top left corner.
- Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
- Check if issue persists.
Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know via the comment section below. We’ll very happy to be your assistant.