As we have announced, Windows 10 update is coming soon after The next chapter event. Now, it’s released. You can download the newest build 9926 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview with almost functionalities you’ve seen in the event like Cortana, Start menu with the ability to expand to a full-screen experience, Continuum allows Windows to dynamically adapt across different device types (desktop, tablet, …). The new Settings app, Action Center with quick settings feature, Windows Store, Music, Photos & lot of other applications has also had a great experience.
|Windows 10 update build 9926|
OK, now let’s update your devices to the latest build of Windows 10.
Go to Settings > Update & recovery > Preview builds > click Check Now to check & download the build.
After you update to Windows 10 sucessfully, you can start using & experiencing it yourself. Please be informed that there are some problems you may meet in this build 9926:
Each time you start or restart your PC, you may see a boot selection menu. You can choose it on your own or just let it boot to Windows 10 after 30 second by default. This is just a temporary behavior, so don’t worry. It will be fixed soon 🙂
- Xbox Live may not run in the correct way. It may requires you to sign in to play the game.
- Battery icon shows on lock screen of PCs without batteries.
- Some apps may not display its full name on Start menu Tiles
- Remote Desktop has some painting issues that result in tiled pixelation.
- Connected Standby enabled devices like Surface Pro 3 may experience shorter than expected battery life.
- In Cortana, reminders can’t be edited and more complex reminders might not get created. The first reminder you create in Cortana in this build might not pop up, but subsequent ones will. Completed reminders also don’t move to the History page in Cortana’s Notebook.
- The Music app will disappear if minimized within 16 seconds of launch. Just leave it in the foreground for 20 seconds or so and it should work just fine.
- Occasionally, the Start Menu is improperly registered and will fail to launch.
If you have never downloaded the Windows 10 Technical Preview before, you can get the ISO here
The details for this release will be updated in the next post on Windows 10 Insider. Follow us on Facebook Fange to get the latest news
See video Experience Windows 10 for PCs: